If you’re a homeowner in Burlington or Oakville, you know that your boiler is a crucial part of your home. It’s responsible for heating your water and keeping you comfortable all winter. So how do you know if it’s time to replace your boiler? Here are a few signs that it might be time for a replacement. Keep in mind that these are just guidelines—every home is different, so if you’re unsure about whether or not it’s time for a replacement, be sure to contact a professional.
If your boiler exhibits any of the following signs, it may be time to start shopping for a replacement:
1. Your boiler is more than 20 years old. Boilers typically have a lifespan of about 20 years. If yours is getting older, it might be time to consider a replacement.
2. Your boiler isn’t efficient. An inefficient boiler will not only cost you more money to operate, but it will also have a negative impact on the environment. If you think your boiler might be inefficient, contact a professional to find out for sure.
3. Your boiler isn’t heating your home evenly. Uneven heating can be a sign that your boiler is no longer operating efficiently.
4. You hear strange noises coming from your boiler. Boilers should be quiet when they’re running. If you hear strange noises, it could be a sign that something is wrong.
5. You see leaks around your boiler. Leaks are never a good sign, and they can lead to serious problems if left unaddressed.
6. The pilot light keeps going out. A pilot light that keeps going out can indicate a problem with your boiler.
7. Your energy bills have increased. An increase in your energy bills can signal that your boiler is no longer operating efficiently.
8. Your boiler isn’t providing enough hot water. If you find yourself running out of hot water more frequently, it might be time for a new boiler.
9. You have to keep resetting your boiler. If you find that you have to reset your boiler frequently, it’s a good idea to contact a professional.
10. Your boiler just isn’t working. If your boiler stops working altogether, it’s definitely time for a replacement.
11. Your boiler smells strange. If you notice a strange smell coming from your boiler, then it is possible that there is an issue with your boiler’s combustion which could be leaking carbon monoxide. If you detect an odd smell coming from your boiler, you need to leave your house and call the fire department or 911 immediately as carbon monoxide poisoning can be fatal.
If you’re experiencing any of the problems above, it might be time to replace your boiler. Contact a professional to discuss your options and find the best solution for your home.
The cost for the replacement will depend on a few factors including the type and size of boiler you choose as well as the installation costs.
That said, there are many reasons to replace an old boiler, including increased efficiency, improved comfort, and peace of mind.
• Reduction in Energy Bills: An efficient boiler can save you money on your energy bills and help reduce your carbon footprint.
• Accurate Temperature Control: A new boiler can provide more accurate temperature control, making your home more comfortable.
• Better Air Quality: A new boiler can also help improve the air quality in your home by providing cleaner, healthier air.
• Safety: Replacing an old boiler can also help improve safety in your home. An old boiler is more likely to malfunction and cause a fire or explosion.
• Uninterrupted Hot Water: A new boiler can provide uninterrupted hot water, so you’ll never have to take a cold shower again!
When you’re ready to install your new boiler, it’s important to find a qualified contractor who can do the job safely and correctly. Here are a few tips:
• Get Multiple Quotes: Be sure to get multiple quotes from different contractors before making a decision. This will help you ensure that you’re getting the best possible price.
• Check Reviews: Be sure to check reviews for any contractor you’re considering. This will help you gauge their level of experience and quality of work.
• Ask for references: Any good contractor should be able to provide you with references from previous clients. This will give you an idea of what to expect.
When you’re ready to install your new boiler, contact a qualified contractor to get the job done right.
If you’re searching for boiler replacement companies in the Burlington or Oakville area, contact MDM Mechanical. We offer a wide range of services including boiler replacement, installation, and repair. Our team of highly skilled technicians is dedicated to providing the best possible service to our customers. We work with all the major manufacturers like Weil-Mclain, NTI, Lochinvar, Navien, Bosch, etc. Contact us today to book a consultation!